Photonic crystal fibers (PCFs).
PCFs with different internal configurations, lengths, and outer diameters can be produced.
Last years a new class of optical fibers - microstructural or photonic crystal fibers are of great interest. They allow one to get unlimited control over light radiation, open up new applications, for example, in the field of optical coherence tomography, EMV frequency metrology, as well as in the creation of new class broadband radiation sources and new generation of sensors.
- generation of supercontinuum;
- frequency metrology;
- compression of femtosecond pulses;
- homogenization of optical beams ;
- trapping of particle;
- photodynamic therapy;
- optical coherence tomography;
- creation of laser beams with a certain modal distribution;
- optical filters;
- optical chromatography.